The new and improved Eberspacher Airtronic S2 D2L is an upgrade on the long serving Airtronic D2 heater.
Eberspacher have looked to increase both the service life of the heaters as well as reducing both the running costs and the noise produced by the heaters when in use. They have done this by using the latest generation of brushless motors and by replacing the previous fuel pumps with a new improved silent one.
- Diesel air heater producing 2.2 kW heating power.
- Automatic continuous interior temperature.
- Comes with the new Eberspacher 802 modulating controller
- Low operating Noise
Benefits of the new Airtronic S2 Include;
- Interfaces: CAN, LIN (only 12 V), S+
Uses the pioneering Eberspächer CAN bus technology, run your heater with the new EasyStart Pro
- Brushless motor
A new brushless motor has extended the service life to 5,000 hours, as well as reducing heater noise.
- Use of the latest EasyStart Pro and EasyStart Web control units
Diagnostics and parameter assignment via EasyScan
Easy to understand fault reporting via the EasyStart Pro panel, no more looking up fault codes.
- Starting capability down to –46 °C
No need to preheat the cabin with the vehicles heater, starts in the most coldest of enviroments.
- Stepless heating performance control
Automatic continuous interior temperature control with temperature pre-selection.
- Noise emissions reduced
Use of acoustically improved metering pump no more clicking noise from the fuel pump found on the old Airtronic units.
- Integrated altitude sensor:
- Automatic altitude adjustment up to 3,000 m- Optimized combustion
EasyStart Pro Control Unit
The new, permanently installed EasyStart Pro control unit is based on Eberspächer CAN bus communication and is designed for the new Hydronic S3 Economy / Hydronic Commercial and Airtronic S2 / M2 heater generations. In addition to a timer function, the new control unit is equipped with many new product features such as.
- Intuitive navigation with control knob
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Up to two heaters can be operated separately, or two identical heaters (Airtronic or Hydronic) can be operated as a group
- Simple diagnostics function in text form for users
- Detailed diagnostics function for the workshop
- Integrated residual-heat function for Hydronic heaters: efficient heating mode by using the engine’s residual heat
- Altitude mode can be activated manually above 1,500 m (Hydronic S3 Economy)
- Easy-to-read system status display (home screen)
- Timer function: up to three programming locations available
- Display and LED color ring for clear status detection in all operating conditions
- Endless heater operating time can be set (Airtronic and Hydronic)
Additional features ¹⁾:
- Immediate heating via the long-press function
- Integration of an additional CAN control unit possible: EasyStart Web or additional EasyStart Pro